Simple precautions reduce the spread and infection of COVID-19.
COVID-19 spreads primarily from person to person
This can be via droplets released when people sick with the new coronavirus cough or sneeze. It can also spread when you’re in close contact with someone who’s sick – e.g. when you hug or shake hands.
You can protect yourself: clean your hands and your surroundings frequently!
COVID-19 spreads primarily through close contact with someone who is infected, but it can also spread if you touch contaminated objects and surfaces
Protect yourself and others by making these 6 simple precautions your new habits:
- Clean your hands often
- Cough or sneeze in your bent elbow – not your hands!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Limit social gatherings and time spent in crowded places
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces